- Dollar Is Wandering Off Track http://t.co/GA4jcoD9ws via @Digg
- The First Casualty of a Bear Market http://t.co/RHu1kTxH90
- Nibbling on some gold miners down here. Holding up well against the metals $GLD
- RT @goldseek: 50 million ounces of paper #silver traded in past hour. http://t.co/jDowcNGLVh
- RT @PeterSchiff: The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index just rose to its highest level since July 2007, six months before the beginning of th…
- Why Every Movie Looks Sort of Orange and Blue http://t.co/rlxcifJvWl
- RT @PeterSchiff: Dec. pending home sales unexpectedly plunged 3.7% (second largest drop since May 2010) verses an expected .9% rise. Nov. g…
- RT @allstarcharts: Historically best 3 month period of yr for SP500 is Nov-Jan. Looks like this year will be down. Not good when market ign…
- Time Warner loses cable subscribers amid cord-cutting http://t.co/5wV3Gdj7XR
- Read this Ron Paul Fed Smackdown 'Two Percent Inflation' and The Fed's Current Mandate http://t.co/USwYapmFXU
- Charles Ortel: Fake Recovery in US Being Exposed http://t.co/aSOhf7EeeN
- Comparing the inflated cost of living today from 1938 to 2015: US Dollar losing an enormous amount http://t.co/5T1aqNfTxe
- Federal budget price tag for every new Obamacare enrollee: $50,000 http://t.co/7pISIO9oDE via @MailOnline
- NEW POST: Tweets, Headlines, and Charts for 2015-01-28 http://t.co/0CxTw91ZRy
Share and Enjoy
- NEW POST: The Gold Bear Market Has Already Ended Multiple Times http://t.co/1wY54HSBh4
- Dilution, Index Evolution, and the Shiller CAPE: Anatomy of a Post-Crisis Value Trap: http://t.co/GUKDp4WMu7
- More on Profit Margins http://t.co/n3FlqvvGsh
- @Tischendorf that's true not a big impact so far on $SMH in reply to Tischendorf
- @Tischendorf 20% of $SMH is $INTC though. Its just a crack in the foundation so far but that's a gap down on increased volume for $INTC in reply to Tischendorf
- @Tischendorf $INTC starting to come under pressure which is bearish for $SMH in reply to Tischendorf
- “Ross Beaty Interview - Vancouver 2015” http://t.co/PNCDCSXoRE
- The Microsoft Blow-Up - Mike Swanson (01/28/2015) | http://t.co/J4sLJikuzM http://t.co/fVv65BCRX4
- NEW POST: Tweets, Headlines, and Charts for 2015-01-27 http://t.co/X9SjXUzcGq
Share and Enjoy
It's hard to pinpoint just exactly where the gold bear market that started in 2011 ended, because it depends who you ask. For instance if you just would have owned more equivalent shares of FNV for every share of GLD owned, you would never even experienced a bear market, according to the ratio between the two.
It's pretty rare to see a gold stock outperform gold during an entire bear market in gold but Franco-Nevada has managed to do that.
For most of the stronger gold stocks, the bear market in gold ended at the end of 2013. Take a look at another gold streamer, RGLD, and how it rocketed higher against gold starting in 2014.
For all intents and purposes the gold bear market in U.S. dollars probably ended at the end of 2013 as well. But 2014 was a consolidation year for gold that kept people confused and scared that the gold bear market was still going strong. Plus the crazy parabolic rally in the U.S. dollar at the end of 2014 caused a marginal new low in gold and hammered the weaker gold mining stocks down to super cheap levels compared to gold.
It's taken a long time for this gold bear market to bull market transition to take place. But the process is ongoing as stronger gold stocks and gold priced in foreign currencies lead the transition back into a bull market, which then should be followed by the rest of the sector.