In this video I take a look at recent action in the uranium and gold sectors and some bullish developments for each sector. I also discuss two stock market sectors that I think could outperform as we continue into 2017.
At the end of last week I had a great opportunity to interview with Collin Kettell of Palisade Radio. In the interview we discussed a wide range of topics including:
- The Stage 2 breakout in uranium that occurred back in December 2016
- How bull markets typically have an explosive start and finish
- How I use Stage Analysis to identify and trade bull markets
- The strengths and weaknesses of trend following systems
- How the bull market in gold from 2016 started to fail at the end of the year
- Other new bull markets besides uranium I’m looking at currently
Collin has done a lot of great interviews with other experts in the uranium space that I would highly recommend checking out at palisaderadio.com.
Is gold headed for a new Stage 2 bull market, or is more sideways consolidation more likely? In this video I go over the gold market from a Stage Analysis perspective and discuss the likelihood of both scenarios, and how specific action in the charts would change my view.
Last week I had another great opportunity to interview with Jeremy Wiseman at The Real Money Show. In this interview we went over gold’s Stage 2 breakout earlier this year and the pullback in gold since August. We also went more in-depth into Stage Analysis which readers might find interesting.
Since the interview, gold has continued to pullback below the 30-week moving average and looks like it could transition into Stage 4 with further weakness. I would attribute this failure to the breakout currently occurring in the U.S. dollar, and would expect gold to remain under pressure until the U.S. dollar stops rallying.